Sunday, March 8, 2009

Penning My Thots

One day, while on the way to pick up Heather from school, I was caught in a massive jam. I have always make it a point to pick her a bit late (in order to avoid the jam) but on that day, it was a different story altogether.

Inching my way thru the traffic, I finally reached the school carpark . As I turned into the carpark , I was faced with a predicament. I found myself stuck in the carpark as someone had parked illegally and was nowhere in sight. No matter how I tried to turn the corner , it was impossible. I almost scratched the car next to me . I was getting very irritated after countless of times trying. I thank God the car behind me was very patient. I could see cars behind me backed up all the way down the main road. Heather & her friend tried to help but ended up shaking their heads.

As I sat there fuming, a nice gentleman came to my rescue. I was ready to leap out of the car and let him have the wheel to get me out of the tight spot but he shook his head. He told me “ I will direct you and you go real slow ok?” So with my eyes fixed on him I followed his instructions to a “T”. From my perspective, it looked like I was going to scratch the illegally parked car... but he kept urging me on so I did. Finally ..... I was free, with millimetres to spare. God bless him!!!

Today as I think back, I see that often times our life journey is somewhat similar. We try to avoid getting stuck in a problem but somehow to our chagrin, we are right smack in one and we feel there is no way out. From our point of view, it looks so impossible, but with God nothing is impossible. Sometimes He may send someone to help us . Usually that someone looking from the outside will have a different perspective and with God's wisdom will guide us out of our problem. Sometimes maybe nobody comes along but thru the Holy Spirit and His Word.... we are guided through our problems. The gentleman above was able to help me thru as he sees from a different perspective. I could only see from inside the car and my feeling was gosh... shouldn't have driven the Innova. When we are in a fix , our feelings tend to overwhelm us but be assured God's eye is on His children all the time.




His eye is on the sparrows and He watches over me.

No comments: